Sunday, February 19, 2012

Snowball Fight!

Alright. I know that this does not follow what I usually talk about, but Sundays snowball fight on the drill field is just to good to skip. Starting at 8 a.m. on Sunday is when I realized Blacksburg was going to experience the first real snowfall of the year. But around 430 p.m., the real fun started. The Corps of Cadets met the civilian students on the Drill Field for an epic snowball fight. I spent a solid 2 hours of my time that night launching snowballs and ducking for cover. It all started with the sound of a whistle and 2 sides charging at each other. At that time, I have never witnessed such a dramatic moment in the snow. I must have went threw 300 snowballs. I witnessed hundreds of people hurling snow and dodging their way out of incoming fire. For those who don't know, the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets and the civilian students meet on the drill field for a snowball fight after the first big snowfall of the year. This year, over two thousand students showed up to take part. This year was also not only my first snow in Blacksburg, but my first time being part of the Corps snowball "team". I am truly sorry anyone who is a student did not participate in this event. It was easily the best moment I have had all year and I am ready for next years big snow. The random people that I hit in the face with fresh snow really made my day and I hope that this tradition carries on for many years to come. I also hope that everyone is ok and had a great time. Anyone who is planning on coming to Tech...get ready for one heck of a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment